At the end of each year, I take great pleasure in revisiting the books that swept me up and reminded me how much joy reading can bring. While there were so many books that were a lot of fun to read, these are the ones that I was most excited about.
Valerie’s Favourite Picture Books
When it comes to picture books, I love ones that make me laugh and make me smile.
1) Froodle by Antoinette Portis
2) Ninja by Arree Chung
3) Penguin in Peril by Helen Hancocks
4) Sam & Dave Dig a Hole by Mac Barnett
5) The Book With No Pictures by B.J. Novak – Read my review by clicking here.
6) Captain Cat by Inga Moore – Read my review by clicking here.
Valerie’s Favourite Middle Grade Books
My favourite middle grade books are ones that pull at your heart-strings, with convincing kids involved in realistic situations.
Valerie’s Favourite Young Adult Books
I love Young Adult novels that have great characters and strong world-building.
1) Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
2) Glory O’Brien’s History of the Future by A.S. King
3) I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
4) Otherbound by Corinne Duyvis – Read my review here.
5) The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender by Leslye Walton – Read my review here.
6) Althea & Oliver by Cristina Moracho
For more favourites of 2014, check out Bronwen’s list by clicking here.